Everyone struggling to run setup file on windows 8 because of dotnet framework 3.5. Windows 8 fans have been facing a common problem while installing their software on this latest OS. Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 features can be enabled using Win 8 DVD but it wouldn’t be installed by default,,,so,,,many software that you want to install in windows 8 may ask you to install this to begin the setup. There was no such problem found in the previous successful version of windows (7). We can manually install such feature in windows 7 but the problem is that you can not install this feature even using offline installer in windows 8.
By default Windows 8 has .Net Framework 4.5 but 3.5. is not included.
Here is the solution
1. Insert Windows 8 dvd in Drive
2. Click Start ==>type CMD in search bar. Right click on CMD then click Run as Administrator
3. copy the following command
DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:F:\sources\sxs
4. Right click on CMD box and click paste
5. See F is the dvd letter of mine. you have to mention of your dvd drive letter.
6. Now press Enter…it will take some while to enable .Net 3.5 features. when you see the completed successfully message you are done. restart the system….headache gone.
((If you are connected to the internet all you have to do is just follow the instruction when you are asked to install this. It will ask you to install .net framework 3.5 just click Install this Features.)).